Linen Bread Bags
Not just for all those sour dough loaves you’ve started baking since COVID-19 broke out, this bread bag is also great for any loaf you buy at the bakery or grocery store, or indeed for storing any baked good.
With so many people re-discovering home baking, a handmade bread bag is a wonderful gift for the baker on your list, or even keep it for yourself for your own baking or store-bought bread.
Storing bread in linen is the best method to prevent it from going stale. Because it is breathable, linen maintains the softness of bread while preserving its crisp exterior, allowing you to enjoy your fresh bread a few days longer.
Handmade with 100% linen, bag will make a warm, rustic addition to your kitchen look. Not only do linen bread bags look lovely on your kitchen counter, or hanging on a hook, they also save you (and the environment) a lot of paper and plastic.
All-Natural, eco-friendly and breathable. Linen is known for its moisture-wicking properties and has long been the go-to fabric for helping to keep bread fresh longer.
– 100% heavy weight, unbleached, undyed linen from an OEKO-TEX 100 certified Canadian supplier.
– Brass eyelets add a touch of class and will not rust.
– Eyelets and an 100% cotton cord makes tying and untying the bag a cinch.
– Fabric has been pre-washed.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
– Sewn with French seams, the bag is sturdy and the fabric will not fray.
– No stray strands on your bread!
DURABLE & EASY CARE
– When properly cared for, products made with linen should last for years. Unlike most other fabrics, linen’s texture continues to soften and improve the more it is washed.
– If ever you feel your bag needs more than a shake to get rid of old crumbs, linen is very easy to launder.
This bag can be machine washed in lukewarm water and left to air dry, or tumble dried. Remove from the dryer when still slightly damp to avoid the linen becoming stiff, and hang or lay flat to finish off the drying process. Ironing isn’t necessary, but if you prefer a clean, crisp look, iron while the fabric is still damp using a medium-hot iron on the steam setting.
– Linen fabrication has a low environmental impact, lower even than cotton.
– Cared for properly, linen can last for decades and because it is 100% natural, is compostable.
– Measures approx. 12″x 15″ (30cm x 38cm)
– Note: Dimensions are approximate as fabric is all cut by hand
– Machine washable in lukewarm water
– Air dry or tumble dry
– Iron if desired, while the fabric is still damp, using a medium-hot iron on the steam setting